This Code of Conduct is a set of general guidelines for behavior; they are not intended to apply to each and every possible act within the mall. We reserve the right to determine the appropriate manner in which all visitors are to behave. All organized activities require review and approval by management/ownership.
Patrick Henry Mall Code of Conduct
Patrick Henry Mall, including its parking lot, is private property. The following Code of Conduct is set forth for the purpose of protecting legitimate business interests of Patrick Henry Mall. Any violation of the code interferes with the commercial nature and function of Patrick Henry Mall. If any guest of Patrick Henry Mall should refuse to follow this Code of Conduct, the guest will be asked to leave the property. Should any guest fail or refuse to leave the property, he or she may be subject to arrest.
- Patrick Henry Mall is open for the purpose of shopping. Appropriate shopping behavior is required at all times.
- Fighting, “horseplay,” harassment, offensive language, shouting, loud noise, loitering, littering, solicitation or any other disturbance which disrupts or endangers any patron, guest, merchant, or employee at the shopping center is not permitted under any circumstance.
- Mall management has the right to prohibit groups of four or more individuals to congregate or walk the interior or exterior of the mall unless the group has appropriate adult supervision. Running, skating or skateboarding is not permitted on mall property.
- Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, is required. Clothing with inappropriate words, phrases or graphics is not permitted and is subject to mall management approval.
- Excluding attire worn in accord with religious practice, tradition or significance, deliberately obscuring the face is prohibited.
- Damaging any surface or portion of the shopping center is strictly prohibited. Sitting on any surface of the mall other than chairs and benches is prohibited. Food court tables and chairs are provided for the purpose of eating meals purchased at the food court.
- Only service animals, trained to assist persons with disabilities, are permitted within the property.
- The carrying of any weapon, other than by an authorized law enforcement or security officer, is not permitted.
- Vehicles that are inappropriately parked are subject to towing at the expense of the owner. Overnight parking is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages and their consumption are permitted in licensed establishments only.
- Smoking is prohibited.
Temporary Parental Escort Policy
A parental escort program will be instituted for any Mall that reopens with a State or Local Government mandated occupancy restriction. The program will run until the earlier of the lifting of the restriction or when Management deems the occupancy threshold has been increased to a level whereby the policy is no longer needed.
The policy is as follows:
- Visitors under 18 years of age are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years or older;
- Teens must remain within the company of their parent or guardian at all times;
- Proof of age will be required if the age of the youth and/or guardian(s) is not easily determined;
- Those whose age cannot be determined and who lack identification will not be granted entry;
- One parent, may escort all of his/her children. Additionally, one guardian over 21 years of age may escort up to 4 youths;
- This policy will specifically apply to the Mall’s Common Area. Anchors, restaurants, retailers with exterior entrances, and out parcels will be exempt
Patrick Henry Mall reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct at any time.